November 14, 2012
I received a call from Warren today with my PET/CT scan results. All is negative – no damage anywhere. Great news!
So, now I’m in a bit of a quandary. Do I go ahead with an autologous (using my own stem cells) stem cell transplant (ASCT), or do I look for another therapy that can keep my M-spike at bay for some period of time? Can the curcumin actually fulfill this role? I’ll need at least 1 or 2 more months to have some idea as to the answer to this question. If not curcumin, then what makes the most sense for me?
Keep in mind that the ASCT is not a zero risk procedure (mostly because of the chance of infection with whatever, once ones immune system has been destroyed and before the transplanted [my own] stem cells have had a chance to rebuild my immune system). The benefits of ASCT is that I may well get multiple years of disease free living. The disadvantage is that I lose 3-months of my life plus the risk factor.
So lots to think about and pray over and seek counsel in discernment. For now, I think I’ll just go to bed. Good night!
Thank you, Lord Jesus, for my healing.
I’m happy to hear the CAT scan results….and we join you in prayer for the right decision for you and your family. Love you and your family lots.